Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Clearing the Path

After well over a year of trying all manner of pedalboard arrangements, cables, and more, I have decided to commission a Custom Audio Electronics switching system. This of course was no easy move, given the amount of time and money that will also go into the CAE system, but I feel as if it will be well worth it.
The CAE pedal switching system will not only clear up a signal path that has otherwise been clogged with effects, but it will also introduce a new level of functionality to my rig. Besides providing 100% bypass and direct access to individual effects, it will also allow for presets of certain effect combinations to be selected from their RS-5 foot controller. As I get the components together and wait for the arrival of the switcher and foot controller, I will post pieces of the process. 

No comments: